Posted August 22 2019
The Ottawa Community Foundation (OCF) is one of Ottawa’s most highly regarded philanthropic organizations, working with donors and the community at large to bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city and beyond. The Foundation has built an enviable reputation for astute financial management, high quality donor services, strategic grant making and innovative partnerships across the city.
Qualified applicants are invited to join the team of this dynamic, entrepreneurial organization by considering the following opportunity:
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director, Finance and Administration. Primary responsibility is to support the President and CEO, the Vice-President and the Management Team. Office management and administrative support to the OCF also falls within the scope of the position.
- Manage the President and CEO’s office and schedule
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors as well as the Governance and Nominating Committees
- Maintain the OCF’s corporate documents, such as policies, by-laws, etc.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for meetings
- Coordinate on and off-site events, including maintaining invitee lists, sending out invitations, booking venues and making related arrangements, assisting with event-day activities, etc.
- Provide general office management services, including office equipment
- Provide reception and mail services
- Provide administrative support to the OCF’s various teams as needed
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- 3+ years of experience in an office setting providing direct administrative support
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills – written and oral – as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Tact, diplomacy and an understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Minute-taking experience is highly desirable
- Strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, and proficiency in database systems
- Ability to take initiative, and work well independently or in a team setting
- Bilingualism in English and French is strongly preferred
The OCF welcomes the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide the expertise, dedication, accountability and imagination to realize the dreams of donors and the community at-large.
Please forward your application (cover letter and resume) by September 13, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.