February 1, 2019
The Ottawa Community Foundation (OCF) is one of Ottawa’s most highly-regarded philanthropic organizations, working with donors and the community at large to bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city and beyond. The Foundation has built an enviable reputation for astute financial management, high quality donor services, strategic grantmaking and innovative partnerships across the city.
As part of its priority to grow its assets for the benefit of the community, the OCF is looking to add an exceptional individual to its leadership team. Qualified applicants are invited to join this dynamic, entrepreneurial organization by considering the following opportunity.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, this position is critical to the success of the organization, working to instill confidence that the Foundation is valued, known for impact, highly-regarded and attractive to current and potential stakeholders. As a member of the management team, the director bears the primary responsibility for attracting a range of new donors to the Foundation, employing high touch donor engagement and managing other stewardship activities that will lead to asset growth and in turn, community impact. The successful candidate has a passion for excellence and innovation, along with a proven ability to think at a systems-level, conceptualize strategically and execute flawlessly. A proven ability to develop and nurture relationships, partnerships and alliances across a broad spectrum of influencers/stakeholders rounds out the profile.
- Develop and implement innovative asset growth and donor engagement plans
- Position the OCF as the charitable partner of choice for individuals/families, for advisors working with their clients on charitable giving, and for charities considering endowments
- Manage the Development and Donor Services team
- Collaborate extensively with colleagues to ensure an integrated approach that supports donors, community organizations, and OCF leadership initiatives
- Actively contribute to other OCF objectives and initiatives as appropriate
- Exemplify OCF’s high standards related to legal and regulatory requirements
- Play a key role in fostering an organizational culture which embraces diversity, efficiency, innovation, collaboration, transparency, and integrity
- Post-secondary education or an acceptable combination of education, experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated success working in a stakeholder-focused environment that requires tact/diplomacy, flexibility and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills that develop and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with donors, professional advisors, partners and other stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to speak confidently, clearly and with passion about the OCF
- A consummate networker
- Systems-level thinker with a flair for creative results-oriented approaches
- High competence in planning and time management, with an ability to take initiative and work well under pressure
- Strong people and project management skills
- Ability to balance autonomy with a team approach
- Working knowledge of, or ability to, quickly come up to speed on charitable-sector legislation and CRA guidelines, desirable
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn/master other systems
- Bilingualism (English-French) is a significant asset and highly desirable
- Open to conducting a significant portion of the work outside the office
Please email your application (cover letter and current resume) by February 22, 2019 to email@example.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.