SENIOR ASSOCIATE, STRATEGIC INITIATIVES (one-year contract)
Posted June 25, 2018
The Ottawa Community Foundation is a public, non-profit organization created by and for the people of Ottawa. Connecting people who care with causes that matter since 1987, the Foundation works with the community as a trusted partner to fulfill impact philanthropy and bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city, regionally, nationally and beyond.
- Coordinate the ongoing development, delivery and maintenance of Ottawa Insights, the Foundation’s web-based community knowledge and action centre
- Support strategic initiatives of the Foundation in key focus areas
- Contribute to impact measurement of the Foundation’s work in select areas
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in researching, analyzing, interpreting and managing data
- Familiarity with qualitative research methodologies (interviews, focus groups, etc.) is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills to explain statistical analysis to community stakeholders and to respond to data requests
- Strong computer skills and expert in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage projects, work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative, and work well independently or in a team setting
- Demonstrates attention to detail balanced by the ability to see the ‘big picture’
- Knowledge of the charitable/not-for-profit sector and experience working collaboratively with stakeholders is an asset
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset
The Ottawa Community Foundation welcomes the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide the expertise, dedication, accountability and imagination to realize the dreams of the community at large.
Please email your application (cover letter and current resume) by July 13th, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.