The Ottawa Community Foundation (OCF) is one of Ottawa’s most highly regarded philanthropic organizations, working with donors and the community at large to bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city and beyond. The Foundation has built an enviable reputation for astute financial management, high quality donor services, strategic grant making and innovative partnerships across the city.
We Make Philanthropy Easy
- Nimble response to windows of opportunity
- Transactional excellence
- Regulatory expertise in Canadian Revenue Agency guidelines
- Support for the broadest spectrum of causes
- Flexible gift vehicles from permanent endowments to flow-through
We Offer World-Class Asset Management and Governance
- Top calibre, nationally-recognized Board appointed by an external Nominations Committee chaired by the Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Enviable expertise on committees
- Excellent track record with return on investments
- Leading edge initiatives such as Responsible/Impact Investing
We Offer Deep Community Knowledge, Collaboration and Innovation
- In-depth knowledge of local needs and issues
- Users can view and act on a wide-range of indicators through the Ottawa Insights platform,
- Collaborative approaches to addressing critical issues, through initiatives such as the New Leaf Community Challenge
- Increased focus on social enterprise, capacity-building, collaborative grant making and the leveraging of partnerships.
We are Part of a National Movement through Community Foundations of Canada
- 191 community foundations
- Serving 86% of Canadian municipalities
- Managing $5.2 Billion in Assets
Vision, Mission, Values
Ottawa fulfills its potential as a healthy, inclusive, environmentally balanced, culturally and economically vibrant city.
The Ottawa Community Foundation works with stakeholders as a trusted partner to bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our community and beyond.
We are built on principles of trust, fairness, transparency and accountability.
We embrace diverse voices and perspectives. We nurture our relationships.
We respect and support our community’s strengths and opportunities.
We recognize the contributions of others.
We foster conditions for progress and innovation.
We reflect on our work to evolve and improve. We listen, learn and adapt.